Monday, October 3, 2022

July 29, 1976, at the Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, NJ

 


We had only just started living together. Everything was new.

When Jim and I met I had blurry musical tastes and interests. The Beatles and Stones had pretty much washed away by then and I hadn't really taken up any new groups. I listened to a few FM radio shows that turned me on to some esoteric artists. I'd buy an album for one song and be disappointed in the rest. Then Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band got my full attention that year. 

Jimmy was a rabid music fan and concert-goer and always good for a weekend's worth of partying and music. Most of it hard to country rock, but he was indiscriminate about his rock and roll and delighted in sharing it all with me. 

He didn't tell me who we were going to see. Roosevelt Stadium across the river in New Jersey might as well have been Mars but I was game for the surprise. A few exits before we passed a guy holding a sign that said EAGLES TICKETS. Now I was excited because Jim had been playing their records and I really liked the sound.


No comments: